How to share wifi on iphone
How to share wifi on iPhone – Sharing WiFi from iPhone with other Apple devices means you don’t have to tell anyone the WiFi password. Previously, you had to download a third-party app to do this.
However, after iOS 11, Apple made it easier to share WiFi passwords from one iPhone to another iPhone, iPad, or Mac computer running macOS Sierra or later. Here’s how to share your WiFi password on your iPhone:
Before you begin, make sure your Apple ID is in someone else’s contact list. You can find your Apple ID here. Then open the contact, click Edit in the top right corner, and add your Apple ID under the email address of the contact’s name.
How to share wifi on iPhone
- Open Settings on your iPhone. Click the gear icon on your home screen.
- Then tap on Bluetooth and make sure it is turned on. You’ll know Bluetooth is on if the slider at the top of your screen is green.
- Then go back to Settings and tap on WiFi.
- Make sure WiFi is turned on, and log into the WiFi network. You can log in to a WiFi network by clicking on the WiFi name from the list below and entering your login information. If your iPhone automatically logs into a WiFi network, you can skip this step.
- On an iPhone that requires a WiFi password, go to Settings.
- Tap Wi-Fi. If you are trying to share a WiFi password with a Mac computer, tap the WiFi icon in the upper right corner of your screen and select a WiFi network from the drop-down menu.
- Select the same WiFi network. This must be the same network as the iPhone that will share the password is already connected.
- Do not enter a password when prompted.
- On your connected iPhone, open WiFi.
- Tap Share Password in the pop-up window. Both iPhones must be within Bluetooth range.
- The other iPhone will then receive the password and be able to connect to WiFi.
What To Do When iPhone WiFi Password Sharing Doesn’t Work
If you’re having trouble sharing your WiFi password between devices, here are some ways to fix it
- Restart iPhone and other devices.
- Make sure both devices have the latest software updates. To update iPhone, go to Settings > General > Software Update > Download and Install. If you don’t see the option to download and update, your iPhone already has the latest software.
- Disconnect from the WiFi connection and then rejoin it. To do this, go to Settings > WiFi and tap on the network name. Tap the letter “i” icon then tap “Forget this Network”. Once done, rejoin the network and enter the password.
- Reset network settings on your iPhone. To do this, go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
- Finally, try rebooting your router.