How to Delete Telegram Account
How to Delete Telegram Account – The digital world that continues to grow also influences the development of social media. Now social media is increasingly diverse, coupled with new features that make it even more fun to use. One of the most widely used social media is Telegram.
The new and complete features in Telegram make many people use it. However, if the number of downloaded applications makes your cellphone weaker, then it never hurts to delete a few applications first. Well, if you want to delete a telegram, the following will explain the various ways to delete a Telegram account.
- How to Delete Telegram Account
- What are the advantages of Telegram?
How to Delete Telegram Account
Telegram is indeed a social media that is widely used. Compared to other chat applications, Telegram has a much smaller file size. So it doesn’t take up too much memory. Even so, Telegram can also be used to send or share large files.
Even up to 1.5 GB per file. The features that can be used are also very diverse, there are zip, mp3, doc, and others. But for various reasons, some people want to delete the account. The way to delete it is not difficult, you can do it via a smartphone or laptop. You can also delete it permanently or temporarily. Here are some ways:
How to delete a telegram account via cellphone
Telegram accounts are already widely used, especially for smartphone users. So that when something happens that requires deleting the account, you can delete it directly via a smartphone. Either delete temporarily or permanently. So, here’s how to delete a Telegram account via a smartphone that you can follow:
- Open the Telegram application from the smartphone
- Go to the settings menu, for iOS users it’s in the lower right corner, then for Android users, you can press the three lines in the upper left corner.
- Open the Privacy and Security menu
- Slide the display until the Automatically Delete My Account menu appears
- Set the time by pressing the words If away for
- There are several period options, namely one month, three months, six months, or 12 months
- After these settings, later your Telegram account will be inactive if in the selected time range it is not opened or online.
- If you want to make it not online, then log out of the account, or you can also uninstall the Telegram application directly.
How to delete a Telegram account from a browser
The second way to delete a Telegram account is through a browser. If you don’t have the app on your phone, there’s no need to worry. You can still delete the account via the browser. The method is as follows:
- Go to the browser menu, either from a smartphone or laptop
- If so, type the following address: https://my.telegram.org/delete. Then directly click enter to open the address.
- On the next page, you will be asked to enter the phone number that was used to create Telegram.
- If so, there will be a confirmation code that must be filled in. If you have received the code, you can immediately sign in to enter your account
- Then three menu options will appear, please select Delete My Account to delete your Telegram account.
- Before that, there will be a column asking you to write down the reason for closing or deleting your Telegram account. Please enter the reason in the column below the telephone number.
- When finished, then you can press Delete My Account. Confirm the deletion, and wait for the deletion process to complete.
How to delete a hacked telegram account
The next step of deleting can be done when your Telegram account is hacked. Perhaps in today’s modern era, cybercrimes, including hackers, are increasingly widespread. So, if your Telegram account got hacked, you can still delete it in the following ways:
- In the first step, you can open the Telegram inactive page. Then enter the Telegram number that was used to create an account.
- Wait until the phone number gets a notification. On the next page, you will be asked to enter the verification code that has been sent to that phone number.
- Then you will also be asked to write down the reason for deleting your Telegram account in the column provided.
- If so, you can click “finish”. If a pop-up appears “Are you sure? “click OK.
- After that, the Telegram account has been deleted.
How to delete a Telegram account without a Verification code
As for the fourth way, you can also delete your Telegram account without using the Verification code. So, if you lose your phone number or forget the phone number that was used to create a Telegram account, don’t worry.
You can delete your Telegram account permanently or temporarily without using a Verification code. Well, how? Check out the following steps:
- You can open the Telegram application, then, ask Telegram for help by providing information as experienced. Later, you will be asked to leave your email address and phone number.
- Next, you can open the Telegram support email via the following address: https://telegram.org/support.
- If you have, as usual, you will also be asked to write in the description column the reason for deleting the account without using the Verification code.
- After you finish writing the reason, click submit to continue the account deletion process.
- If so, your Telegram account has been deleted.
How to permanently delete a telegram account
Finally, you can also permanently delete your Telegram account if you don’t need it anymore. This means that your account will be deleted and cannot be reopened. How to permanently delete a Telegram account? Here are the steps:
- First, go to Telegram’s official website
- If so, you will need to enter the phone number that was used to create an account for the first time
- After entering the number, you will get a confirmation code for your Telegram account. So, make sure that the account is still active at that time.
- In the “confirmation code” section, you will be asked to enter the confirmation code that you have received.
- After entering the code, you can write down the reason for deleting the account in the column provided.
- When the reason has been written, click “Done” or “Done”.
- Next, if you are sure you want to delete the account, click “Yes, delete my account”. Now, your Telegram account has been permanently deleted.
What are the advantages of Telegram?
After knowing how to delete a Telegram account, you also need to know what are the advantages of Telegram. So many people choose to use it. The following will explain some points about the advantages possessed by this one social media:
1. Can be used to send large files
The Telegram application is known for its file-sending feature which can reach 1.5 GB. If in some chat applications it is limited to only a few MB, via Telegram, you can send files or receive larger files.
So, compared to other applications such as WhatsApp or Line, Telegram is superior in this regard. Whatsapp can only be used to send files up to 16 MB, while Line is only about 1 GB. While Telegram can reach 1.5 GB. So users will be more flexible in using this application.
2. Able to send secret messages
The second advantage of Telegram is that it can send confidential messages. This application is known to be very oriented towards the privacy of its users. So there is a feature that can be used to send messages that are very secret though.
In addition to regular chat, there is a Secret Chat feature, which is a feature for chatting as usual but equipped with quite optimal privacy protection. So not everyone can access the message.
If you activate this feature, automatically, your activities while using Telegram will not be recorded by the Telegram server itself. Chat rooms too or your chats are encrypted too. That way, it is almost impossible for eavesdroppers to access or intercept the message. In addition, interestingly, you can also set when the message will be deleted. So this secret message sent will be much more secure. In other applications, this feature is still rarely found.
3. Can create groups with a large number of members
Chat groups are now quite important to have. Given the many advantages that can be obtained if you have a group. You can send messages that are completely readable by everyone in the group. So no need to bother to make personal contact with each.
Compared to other chat applications, the number of Telegram groups is far more. Whatsapp only gives access to 256 numbers for one group. For Line, the numbers are much better. This application made in Japan gives access to one group for 500 numbers or 500 members. When compared to Whatsapp, the number is almost double.
Even so, Telegram turns out to provide even greater access. In one Telegram group, you can include as many as thousands of group members, the number can reach 200,000 people.
Therefore, this Telegram group is very effective when used to accommodate members from educational or social institutions that have a large mass base. So that any information can be directly conveyed and received by many people in one post.
Then, within the group, the admin also has the authority to regulate member activities. Such as removing or entering members, marking messages, and so on. Then there is also a poll feature that you can use to get opinions from a large number of group members.
4. Help to sell products
The next advantage is that it can be used to sell products. Currently, the world of buying and selling online is quite loved. In addition to the convenience obtained because there is no need to travel, affordable prices and varied products are also the main attraction.
Well, if you have a Telegram account, it turns out that this account can be used to market your products. Promotions and buying and selling processes can be done through this one chat application.
As for Telegram users, by early 2021, they had reached 500 million active users.
And in 2020, statistically, the products sold are dominated by products from China. Because in Indonesia itself, products from that country are very easy to get. If you are interested in starting an online business, you can use Telegram to start selling.
In addition to products in the form of goods, there are also services offered. The services offered on Telegram are dominated by marketing in the form of paid promotion. Although not as many goods as products, this service business is also quite promising.
5. Has cloud storage service features
Furthermore, Telegram also has a cloud storage service. This means that every message received in the form of documents, images, videos, and audio can all be stored there.
Then you are also free to log in or log out without fear of losing your Telegram data. So it is also possible for you to open a Telegram account simultaneously on various devices.
This is certainly different from Whatsapp. If you use Telegram, you don’t have to worry about backing up and restoring files after logging in or out. All files can be stored there, whether contacts, voice or video notes, gifs or links. However, for each file, the size is limited to 1.5 GB.
6. Can enter numbers at once
The next advantage of Telegram is that you can add several numbers at once without fear of losing chats or contacts. This means that you don’t have to transfer all the contacts to a new number.
If you want to change the number on Telegram, go to settings or settings, then type a new number. Then click change number and follow the next instructions. After that, all messages will automatically go to the new number. Including all contacts will also be saved in the new number automatically.
7. Can upload profile photos at once
The seventh advantage of Telegram is that it can upload profile photos at once. So the photos that will appear are the most recent photos your contacts have seen. To see the next profile photo, you can swipe it.
In addition to deleting an account, if you only want to delete chats on Telegram, you can also do it. Because now Telegram has been equipped with an Auto-Delete Message feature.
Of course from the name alone you already know the function of these features. With this feature, messages will be deleted automatically. This feature applies to both private messages and group messages. You can set or set your own desired time to delete messages.
The messages in the group will persist after 7 days of being viewed by members. To be able to use this feature, you need to activate it first. Here’s how:
For android users, you can tap the three-dot icon, then click clear history, and set the duration.
For those of you iOS users, press and hold the message, then select clear history, and enable auto delete message.
As for channels or groups, only admins can activate or manage and install this feature. So group or channel members can’t apply it. With this feature, it will be easier for you to control messages that you may want to keep secret or are no longer needed so that they are deleted from the chat and do not fill the chat.