How to Change Region on iPhone – When you want to move countries, you also need to update your iPhone by adjusting the region of the owner. Doing so is easy, but the implications are a bit more complex.
The region on the iPhone is installed according to the region/country where you live. Because this region will affect the features, content, and services available. For example, not all applications and movies are available for all countries — Apple itself also provides different services in each country, a list of which you can see here.
Things to do before changing Region
- Cancel all subscriptions. Because there may be differences in the services provided in the new region. If it is suitable, then you can re-subscribe when you have moved regions.
- Spend the balance on Apple ID.
- Download apps or media (music, movies, TV, etc.). Because some of the content types you currently have may not be available in the new region.
- Have a valid payment method in the new region later.
Also see : How To Find Wifi Password on iPhone
How to Change Region on iPhone
- Open Settings.
- Tap your Apple ID banner at the top.
- Tap the Media & Purchases option.
- Tap the View Account option.
- Tap the Country/Region option.
- Tap the Change Country or Region option.
- Select the country you want.
- Tap the Agree option on the Terms & Conditions screen.
If the process fails and the region on the iPhone does not change, make sure you check again the things that need to be done before moving the region. Cancel all subscriptions, cancel pre-orders, and have a valid payment method. In certain cases, you may also need to exit Family Sharing (if applicable).