Advantages and Disadvantages of Microsoft Teams – We know that a problem can happen anywhere, anytime, and by anyone. Exactly in 2020, there are indeed big problems that are happening all over the world, such as COVID-19. As you know, the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic is very detrimental. This is not only true in the field of work, but also the field of education. Learning, which usually students go to school, has now shifted from online.
Of course, this is not easy to do, considering that doing online learning must consider various things. Among them are gadgets, internet connections, and internet packages. These three things are the requirements to be able to access educational applications, conduct video conferences, or through online learning sites. Apart from these problems, nowadays many people prefer to use conferencing applications for their communication needs to stay connected to each other. It’s also the case in companies, looking at the current environmental conditions, it’s not normal for them to hold online meetings
There is so much software that you can use as a means to communicate and collaborate. Among these are Slack, Google Meet, and Zoom. But in this article I will review more about one of the related software, the software is none other than Microsoft Teams. A more detailed explanation of what is Microsoft Teams. You can see the definition, functions, features, and advantages below.
- What is Microsoft Teams?
- Functions and Benefits of Microsoft Teams
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Microsoft Teams
- Features of Microsoft Teams
What is Microsoft Teams?
Microsoft Teams is a unified communication and collaboration platform that combines the features of work conversations, video meetings, file storage (including file collaboration), and application integration. Microsoft Teams is integrated with the Microsoft 365 product suite. In addition, it can also be integrated with products other than those made by Microsoft.
Slack is the main rival of Microsoft Teams, where Slack is also one of the applications that support team communication which was released in August 2013. Microsoft Teams replaces the messaging and business collaboration platform operated by Microsoft. In this case, it can be said that Teams is the result of the evolution of improvements from Microsoft Skype for Business and replaces Microsoft Classroom.
Then Microsoft Teams was officially launched on March 14, 2017, through an event in New York. Although relatively new, before this software was released there was a problem. One of these was on March 4, 2016, when it was reported that Microsoft was considering making an $8 billion bid for Slack.
But Bill Gates did not agree to make the offer. According to Bill Gates himself, Microsoft should focus on developing Skype for Business. And finally, on September 7, 2017, users get a message stating that “Skype for Business is now called Microsoft Teams”. Then this was confirmed through the annual Ignite conference held by Microsoft on September 25, 2017.
Functions and Benefits of Microsoft Teams
Apart from the understanding of Microsoft Teams in the previous paragraph. Of course, we know that every product released by Microsoft has its functions and benefits. For example, Microsoft Word functions to create all kinds of documents easily, practically, and efficiently. Or maybe Microsoft PowerPoint which incidentally is one of the best presentation applications.
In this Microsoft Teams, users will find a myriad of functions and benefits. One of them is to make communication and information between users smoothly. To find out more about the functions and benefits of Microsoft Teams, users can refer to the following points.
1. Increase productivity
Microsoft Teams can increase productivity by making all of your collaborative conversations, chats, meetings, file sharing, tasks, and the like in one single app. Thus users can collaborate and create discussions to find solutions faster.
2. Real-time document collaboration
The availability of collaboration features in Microsoft Teams can allow users to collaborate on documents in real time. Starting from changing, setting, and deleting together.
3. Hold meetings with scheduling capabilities
In addition, Microsoft Teams gives users an overview of the scheduled meeting, time, subject, and list of other people who will be attending. That way the user can manage the entire meeting.
4. Integrated with Microsoft apps
It’s not impossible if Microsoft Teams can also be integrated with other Microsoft applications. Such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. In this case, users can use it to speed up work or other things.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Microsoft Teams
In addition to the functions and benefits derived from using Microsoft Teams. Of course, it will be more interesting if users know the advantages and disadvantages. Given in this case can determine whether Microsoft Teams is suitable and useful for us or vice versa? Because most users before installing software, users have to do various considerations. One of them is to know the advantages and disadvantages of the software.
Advantages of Microsoft Teams
- It’s easy to start a meeting
- Easy to share files and collaborate
- Improve the performance
- Versatile communication tool
- Attractive features and functionality
- Very easy to organize meetings
- Recorder available
- Integration with other devices
- Platform all-in-one.
Disadvantages of Microsoft Teams
- The file structure is quite confusing. This happens when multiple users want to know where a file is and go through the folder structure to find it. But the way files are stored in Teams is very confusing. So everything uploaded to the conversation is dumped into the root folder of the channel.
- Great bandwidth. Microsoft Teams can be said to have greater bandwidth usage than other sharing/conference applications.
Features of Microsoft Teams
As I said in the paragraph above, that Microsoft Teams is quite popular among collaborative software. Talking about popularity, of course, can be divided into several factors. One of them is in terms of features. Microsoft Teams comes with various features that are ready to help users work more effectively. To find out what features are contained in Microsoft Teams, users can refer to the following points.
- File sharing. Users can share files with colleagues in real-time and can collaborate so that work is much faster and more practical.
- Screen sharing. A feature that allows users to share the latest information with everyone by sharing the screen so that the audience can see the same content.
- Custom background. Users can set the virtual by selecting, uploading, or blurring the background.
- Video conferencing. With Teams, users can deliver more personalized meetings and increase productivity by collaborating in real time.
- Live events. Users can expand conferences with this feature live for large meetings, webinars, or large events that reach 10,000 participants at a time.
- Raise hand. Which serves to provide a visual signal when the user wants to convey something in a meeting .
- Education. Microsoft Teams allows a teacher to distribute, provide feedback, and grade student work submitted through Teams using the Assignments tab. Users can also create a quiz for students through integration with Office Forms.
- Walkie Talkies. Allows users to send each other voice messages.
From the understanding of Microsoft Teams that I explained above, it can be concluded that Microsoft Teams is an integrated communication and collaboration platform made by Microsoft. That way, users can perform various activities efficiently, from video meetings, digital file storage, sharing documents, or doing things together with peers in real time.
That’s a glimpse of information that I can explain about the meaning of Microsoft Teams along with its functions, benefits, features, and advantages. Hopefully, the above information can be useful for all. Share articles on your social media networks to be useful. If you have any questions regarding the above review, please write and send them via the comment field below. Thank you!