Adobe InDesign 2022 Free Download – Have you ever seen brochures, flyers, magazines, newspaper circulars, or report layouts in your daily life? And are you one of those designs? If not, please note that the design was made by designers and creators in great detail and arranged using a design application.
Design and layout applications are widely used for materials for publications, documents, print media, and digital media. Publication of documents such as posters, magazines, reports, leaflets, and others, while digital media such as eBooks, PDFs, and magazines, to digital books (ePUB).
What is an example of layout design creation software? One of them is Adobe InDesign. Adobe InDesign is software that creators use to create publication designs. This software is also a part of graphic design processing software such as Illustrator, Photoshop, Canva, and many more.
Currently, design creators are facilitated by the existence of graphic software, which is increasingly advanced and is encouraged by grouping specifications based on their functions and needs.
One of them is Adobe InDesign which makes it easy for people to design posters, books, and the like. To know more about Adobe InDesign software, see the following explanation.
- What Is Adobe InDesign?
- History of Adobe InDesign
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Adobe InDesign
- Adobe InDesign 2022 Free Download
What Is Adobe InDesign?
Adobe InDesign is a layout design and publishing software. This software is used for the creation of works such as eBooks, posters, digital magazines, brochures, interactive PDFs, and book publishing. The aim of this program is to focus on printing documents that are included in desktop publishing programs. The creators or graphic designers are the main users of this software, used to design the layout of magazines, books, and the like.
This software has a working method of making layout designs from several contents and design objects, as well as processing several types of fonts and linked image files. The application of this method is used to adjust the layout of several pages such as brochures, magazines, and books.
Adobe InDesign can also be used with Illustrator and Photoshop, to create some design elements which are then placed into an InDesign file. Layout design capabilities, font characters, and paragraph functionality make any design a breeze.
For now, Adobe InDesign is compatible with mobile phones and tablets through the Adobe Digital Publishing Suite. Lots of users choose this program because of the advantages it offers. A prominent advantage is that users can easily create designs with multiple pages (multiple pages) in the layout.
History of Adobe InDesign
The first version of InDesign was released on August 31, 1999. This program is an expansion of Aldus in Seattle as desktop publishing software. Aldus has begun the development of desktop and graphic publishing software available for computers on Mac and Windows operating systems. This software includes Super paint and PageMaker.
PageMaker was released in July 1985, with a simplified graphical interface with a point-and-click Macintosh user experience. PageMaker brought changes and is gaining popularity for use as desktop publishing. The enterprise market reached its peak in 1990, with the version of PageMaker 4.0. However, competitors began to emerge from Quark, Inc., which is a small startup in Denver, the software produced is QuarkXPress electronic publishing.
In 1994, most of Aldus applications were acquired by Adobe, one of which was the popular software PageMaker. It had been predicted that years before Adobe bought it, PageMaker had lost significant market share and switched to QuarkXPress. At that time Quark had more powerful features and eventually pushed PageMaker out of the professional desktop publishing market.
Adobe began releasing the first version of PageMaker under the name Adobe InDesign in 2000. Adobe offered more competitive applications than QuarkXPress. Adobe continued to outperform QuarkXPress by offering InDesign as the first native desktop publishing program for Mac OS X. Next, Adobe created a composite project of InDesign along with Photoshop and Illustrator.
In addition, InDesign also provides additional tools to collaborate with CC (Creative Suite). Seeing the share of users who already know and use Photoshop and Illustrator, makes InDesign easy to adapt quickly. Over the past 10 years, Adobe has launched InDesign as the leading desktop publishing software and is starting to displace QuarkXPress.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Adobe InDesign
Advantages of Adobe InDesign
- Paragraph and character styles make it easy for quick updates/edits to fonts or colors to be applied to the rest of the page.
- Has various types and options for color printing.
- The program is raster-based, which makes it easy for the user to see how the image will print if the file is set up correctly.
- You can choose to link file types or just paste them, in order to maintain a smaller file size.
- Almost suitable for processing various design projects, except for logos.
- Ability to import files from pdf, jpg, ai, PSD, Docx, and doc formats.
- Has effect facilities such as Photoshop Effects (Bevel Effects, Glow Effects, Shadow Effects, and others).
- The ability of tools to blur images (as censorship), and other artistic effects.
- Provides facilities to open PMD format.
- Facility to create tables.
- Ability to import and make images transparent.
- Ease of converting images into PDF format.
- Ability to redraw an image such as a logo or any object.
- The best software for processing publication designs such as Posters, Books, Magazines, Calendars, and other layouts.
Disadvantages of Adobe InDesign
- Files with older versions cannot be opened in the latest versions of Adobe InDesign. This will frustrate some people when the software version is not updated.
- The raw file to be printed has a font and format link, so when entering the print one must be careful because it may be edited or the font link is not installed/damaged.
- The distance between the text formats cannot be natural, especially the use of the justify format (aligned right and left), so it takes an effort of accuracy to make it balanced.
- Less ideal for interactive work, vector objects, the web, to other large formats.
- To make the work perfect, you need the support of programs from Photoshop and Illustrator.
Adobe InDesign 2022 Free Download
That’s a brief review of the Adobe InDesign software. Designers and creators create easy page designs or layouts using Adobe InDesign. Some of the works that users can create include flyers, flyers, brochures, posters, magazines, book layouts, and other documents. When you want to publish a digital book then you need to use Adobe InDesign software.
Is Adobe InDesign paid?
Adobe InDesign CC is subscription software, with several variations of subscription packages. Adobe offers a $29.99/month subscription plan and a Creative Cloud plan with over 20 Adobe apps for $49.99/month.
Does Adobe InDesign support multiple OS?
This software can be used on Mac OS and Windows operating systems.
What are the uses/functions of Adobe InDesign?
Adobe InDesign is used to create flyers, brochures, magazines, newspapers, posters, business cards, postcards, stickers, comics, and the like. Adobe InDesign is especially useful for organizing multi-page documents, layouts for combining text and images, and organizing significant amounts of text.
Is Adobe InDesign easy to use?
Adobe InDesign is easy to use for those of you who already know the basic tools and functions of graphic design software. If you have been using Adobe Illustrator or Adobe Photoshop for a long time, it may be easier to try Adobe InDesign.
Download Adobe InDesign 2022