4 Ways to Restore Windows 10 to Previous Versions – No matter how you take care of your laptop and computer, it’s impossible if you don’t have a problem with your device. Because sometimes the Windows OS on the computer has problems due to trivial things such as errors after installing certain software or after changing settings on the operating system.
Different problems have different solutions. For example, a minor problem, of course this can be solved simply by disabling or activating an option. but on the other hand, there may be a problem that is quite severe on the system so you have to restore the system to its original state by means of a restore.
In the computing world there is such a thing as a system restore. System restore is a feature on the Windows operating system that is used to restore or restore something to a certain time before.
When you use the restore feature, you will get many benefits. The basic thing that is the main benefit of restore is to restore a problematic system to its original state. However, what can be restored is only registry and system settings, then personal data stored is not included.
For more, here are some benefits of system restore:
- Resolved an error when just installing the application.
- Troubleshooting a program.
- Repair a corrupted registry.
- Restore windows settings as before.
- Remove viruses.
- Overcome hangs on the system.
- Overcome boot not running or stuck.
- Removes blue screens.
- Resolve system problems of unknown cause.
- Resolve errors without the need to reinstall the program.
- As a system backup when there is a problem.
- And so forth.
Now, after you know some of the benefits of restoring as we wrote above, it would be nice for you to also see the reviews below on how to restore Windows 10.
Baca juga: Daftar Antivirus Terbaik Untuk Windows
How to Restore Windows 10
How to restore in Windows 10 is actually not so difficult to do. But you must have a restore point first so that the restore can be run. Restore point itself is data that has a function so that the Windows OS can be returned to a certain condition and period of time.
#1. Creating Restore Points
The first thing you have to do is create a restore point first. The reason for doing this, I mentioned above, is to restore the system to a certain condition in a certain period of time before.
It’s as simple as this:
- On the 15th, the Windows OS on your laptop has an error.
- But on the 14th, the system was normal.
- Because of that, you will return to the 14th.
- So after returning to the condition on the 14th your laptop can be normal again.
- Instead of just going back a day, you can return it even further to the previous date.
However, to return to a certain date, you must have a restore point on the date you want to go. So, here’s how to create a restore point:
- First, please open Windows Explorer by pressing the Windows + E combination key.
- After that select This PC.
- Then right click and select Properties.
- After that select System Protection.
- Next, click the Local Disk C: option (the disk where the Windows OS is installed) then select Create.
- Then the tab create a restore point will appear. Please name this restore.
- If so, click the Create option under the name of the restore point.
- Wait for the process to complete, then click Close.
- Done, you can now use system restore.
Note: If you experience an error after the restore point creation process (usually a failed message appears) or the restore data cannot be found when you check the system restore point.
Baca juga: Cara Meningkatkan Daya Tahan Baterai Windows
Well, to fix it you have to do the steps below.
- First, open System Protection using the method above.
- Click Local Disk C: then select Configure.
- Then select the Turn On System Protection option.
- Then set the Max Usage (adjust to your needs).
- If you have clicked OK.
- Finally, please repeat the restore point exactly as before.
#2. Restore Via System Protection
If you have created a restore point then you will easily be able to restore your Windows to a previous date. One easy way to restore is to go through system protection on your computer or laptop.
Here’s how to do it:
- Press the Windows + I combination to open settings.
- After that in the search menu, please type About your PC and then click on the search results.
- If so, please select the System Protection option.
- Next, after you enter the System Protection home page, please select System Restore. After that a new tab will appear, just click Next.
- Then select the restore point that you created, then click Next.
- Finally, to finish it click Finish.
Done, you just need to wait for the restore process to finish, the Windows system will automatically restart. Then all you need to do is restart your laptop or computer, then the system condition will be restored to the date you created.
#3. Restore Via BIOS
You can try this method when the Windows you are using doesn’t boot and the computer is just stuck and you can’t do anything about it. So, to fix this, you can restore Windows through the repair feature in the BIOS display.
- Turn on your laptop or computer first.
- If the BIOS screen appears, please press the F8 key many times.
- If successful, the Advanced Settings page will appear.
- On that page please select Repair Your Computer.
- After that wait for the process.
- Next, please select System Restore.
- Then just follow the prompts on the screen to continue.
- When finished, try to restart your laptop or computer.
#4. Restore Via Advance Startup
This last restore method is more or less the same as the previous one, namely through the BIOS. So you can use this method when Windows can’t boot and is stuck on the Windows logo. Well, apart from the method above, you can also use Advance Startup.
- First of all, first turn on your laptop or computer.
- Then, if the Windows logo appears on the screen, please press and hold the power button.
- This is so that booting is interrupted and your laptop or computer will return to a dead state.
- Do steps 1 and 2 three or more times until your device boots into the recovery system or repair system.
- If so, please select Advanced options.
- Next, go to the Troubleshoot menu and select Advanced options again.
- Then please select System Restore.
- After that the System Restore window will appear, just click Next.
- Choose an existing check point, then click Scan for affected programs. Then after that, any software will appear that will be lost when the restore process is complete.
- If so, please click Next.
- For the next step please follow the instructions on the screen until it’s finished.
If so, please turn on your device again, then the restore process is complete and your device has returned to the specified condition and period of time.
Well, that was an easy way to restore Windows 10 to a previous date to restore the system’s condition within the specified time period. Please follow the methods that we have written above and adjust them according to your situation.
Hopefully this article is useful and can make it easier for you to restore Windows 10. That’s all from us and thank you.